The party season is officially in full swing, which means GLOWing skin is a must-have! Luckily, we caught up with our very own James Read who shared his top party tanning tips to ensure your GLOW is foolproof every time! Whether you’re using a mousse, lotion or mist the below tricks will see you through the season streak-free.
1. James says, preparation is key! Always make sure that you shave or wax at least 24 hours before you tan to ensure your skin is a blank canvas before you tan.
2. Don't forget to moisturise those dry areas to ensure the tan doesn’t cling onto those dry areas, including the hands, feet, elbows and knees.
3. Before you apply your tan go and grab a trusty bag of frozen peas from the freezer and rub them over the legs to seal the pores, then continue to rub the bag of frozen peas over the rest of your skin, this is to close the pores to ensure they don’t get clogged with the formula. You’ll thank me later!
4. To cover those hard to reach areas my top trick is to put your tanning mitt on a wooden spoon, wrap an elastic band around and you’re ready to tan your back!
5. When it comes to tanning your hands get your claws out! Position your hands into a claw so you can make sure no area is missed. If tanning your hands is always a tell-tale sign that you haven't been kissed by the sun, then I’d recommend using my H2O Tan Mist Face and spritz onto the hands, this product offers a gorgeous natural glow that won’t create any harsh lines making it perfect not only for the face but also areas like the hands and feet.
6. Don't sweat the small stuff! After you tan get some talcum powder, dust it under the armpits, around the breast area and back of the legs. This will stop the tan from sweating off.
7. A good tip for after you tan is to is to ensure you drink with a straw, this is to avoid getting a white top lip.
8. Complete your tan with a gorgeous facial tan to match, I’d recommend using my H2O Tan Mist Face which develops into a subtle golden tan making the skin have a lit from within glow.